This is the HLHS charm created for the Mia Marrone Foundation. Mia lost her battle with HLHS way too soon and her mom had these charms designed to help raise money for HLHS. I love the idea.
As you can see, Owen is feeling much better. Gone are the days where I can get him to just sit and smile at the camera. He's very into making faces these days.
Owen is already on week 4 post op. I am amazed at how fast time has gone by. Owen is not back to "normal", but is getting better everyday. The puking continues but the Prevacid is helping a little. Owen isn't bearing any weight on his legs.. so much for walking. Ha. I know he can do more and I'll give him a couple more weeks (full recovery is six weeks) and then I can push him more. The other physical setback is that he won't transition from laying to sitting on his own. I don't know if this is an issue with him being sore in the sternum area, or just not wanting to put forth the effort. He says "help me sit up" and I put my hand on his back. He does the work from there.
Owen ditched the pain meds over the weekend. He has been so good about asking for pain meds and telling me when he doesn't need them. So he pretty much weaned himself and hasn't asked for any since Friday.
I am getting prepared to ditch the binki next. I told him he could have it through this surgery, but now that it's over.. the binki is going bye bye. I'm not about to hold onto it until his surgery in August. He can keep Snorty, the red bull, for comfort.
Potty training... he is SO ready!! I really want him up and moving in the next couple weeks and then potty training will start. He is really excited to go potty and ditch the diapers. Next week is spring break from school, so we might just get a good jump start on potty training. I'll have a longer post on just this later.
We haven't heard back from the Make-A-Wish volunteers yet. They cancelled last week due to illness and so we wait. I sat down with Owen and we went through his wish book. He knows exactly what he wants to wish for.. no question about it... and nothing will change his mind! :) I'll save that for his Make-A-Wish post.
Please keep Josh and Peyton in your prayers.. they both had their Fontan this week and are doing so great!! Parker, Aly Jean, Mary Clare and Kyson will have their Fontans later this month. All our heart babies are growing up into amazing kids. Also keep Mia and Lindsay in your prayers. Mia is battling rejection like a champ and Lindsay is having tests today and rejection is just not an option! ;) I am just in awe of all these little miracles!
7 comments:
I LOVE that charm! Can you post a link of where to order it? I found a website but they only have pink or blue and I really like your white one. Maybe they are out? My friend just had a baby who has several heart issues that they didn't know of before his birth and it would be perfect for her! Thanks!
I agree with Brooke. I love it. Although Eli's diagnosis is not HLHS it does a good job of symbolizing this mothers love for her son's broken heart.
LOVE, LOVE the charm! It's perfect!
And, is Owen just not the funniest thing?!?!? I love his faces! Silly boy. ;)
He is most definitely the cutest bachelor I've seen! (by the way, I am so hoping Emily comes out the winner next week!!!)
Happy to hear Owen is feeling better! Thank you so much for giving Aly a "shout out" for her Fontan. You can never have too many thoughts and prayers comin' your way, right? :)
Looks like I am crazy and it doesn't even come in white. :) The pictures just looked like it but upon closer inspection, i see that yours is blue. Sadly, my friends baby passed away yesterday so I am really wanting to get this for her. Thanks so much for posting about yours!
He looks simpl AMAZING to be so newly post op. What a trooper your little man is. A real life super hero!
PLEASE share the link for where your husband got the charm. BEAUTIFUL!
I love the pendant. If only there was a Right Heart one:) I had a question- did Owen have any issues with Chylothorax after any of his surgeries? Mason has it and it's just been miserable so I wanted to know if Owen had it in the past and how his recovery went.
Post a Comment