Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Post Op Day 6 ... Out of CVICU!

We have officially moved out of the CVICU! I got here early this AM when Owen was still sleeping. He had breakfast, followed by a little therapy session. He did great getting out of bed. We didn't have him walk yet today, he's still too weak.  Instead we focused on just throwing and standing from the stool.   
It was soon afterwards that they moved us out of the CVICU and up to 3West (stepdown).  Owen has a private room and it's much more comfy up here.  Nurses only bug you once every 4 hours for vitals.  I am starting all my transplant learning today, which will come easily.  Owen is actually on LESS meds now than he was pre transplant.  

Before we moved upstairs, Owen had his ART line removed.  I was not happy about it, but am choosing to pick my battles.  Look at this sweet boy... I can't get over how great he's doing.
Tomorrow, Owen will get that leaky PICC line changed out. Yuck.  I don't like the infection risk each time we have to change the bandages.  It will be nice to get rid of it. 
 
Owen's labs are all trending in the right direction and everything is looking great!  The only thing of any concern is his chest tubes keep draining.  Today he has put out significantly less output, so he may get those pulled in the cath lab, although I am not holding my breath. 
 
This afternoon a clown friend from the RMH came by and gave Owen a private magic show, which he loved!  Then the RMH cart came around with drinks and toys for all!  Owen continues to be as sweet as punch and making sure to tell all the nurses how pretty they are. 
 
Auntie Janesa came by and brought us lunch.  Then took Kam out for a pedicure and some girl time.  Owen loves the books she brought him.. thanks for coming J!!
 
Tomorrow we are praying for ZERO rejection.  I'll explain more in detail about the biopsy tomorrow.  Tonight, we are having a sleepover on 3West. 

7 comments:

Isa and Kai's mama said...

He looks so great! Amazing little guy!

g-ma-vicki said...

Sweet Aunt "Bejennia"! Nice break for EVERYONE! This "Superhero" looks more amazing every day! That look melts me every time! Love and kisses.

The B Family said...

Incredible! How's he liking having one less tooth!?!? :) So stinkin' cute!!! AND PINK!!!!!

Tracy said...

Aww so sweet. Good luck today Owen.
Still praying, and prayers of thanks.

~VickB~ said...

He's such an amazing little guy!! Did he lose a tooth?? **BIG HUGS**

Jenny said...

I'm so happy that he is doing so well! I can't get over how PINK he looks!!!

Summer said...

Such great news!!!!! Will be praying for a happy result biopsy!!!