It's official... Owen was discharged today!!
It was a busy, busy morning and we are all totally exhausted. It started with a swap with Daddy at 7:30am. I helped with the morning lab draw and then had to rush to the RMH to get our room packed up and cleaned. It took me and Kam two hours to pack and bring everything down to the manager's office to store it until our new room was ready.
We headed back to the hospital after grabbing chocolate croissants at a local bakery for breakfast.
While we were gone... Daddy stood in rounds, took Owen for a walk around the entire unit with his PT and helped him eat his breakfast. I had some insurance kinks to work out, picked up Owen's prescriptions at the hospital pharmacy and Daddy ran to the Walgreens in the cancer center to buy a blood pressure machine.
Transplant and pharmacy came by to double check all of Owen's meds and tested me on my syringe skills to ensure I knew how to draw meds properly. I passed. :)
I called to have all of Owen's oxygen tanks and equipment picked up and that felt fantastic!! No more oxygen ever!!
We had to do a bunch of discharge paperwork and had the nurses provide us with tons of bandages for Owen's many wounds. He still has a billion staples down his chest and stitches in his belly (chest tube sites), so I have to be cautious. He'll get everything removed on Wednesday when he goes in for his second biopsy.
We were out the door around 3pm and then had another two hours of unpacking at the RMH. Thankfully, it was McDonalds night at the RMH so dinner was taken care of. I did have to run back to the hospital for one more med.
It's safe to say that we are all tired, including Owen. I drew up all his night meds and took his blood pressure tonight without a hitch.. success. Owen is sleeping in his own bed at the RMH and has already had a few night sweats and little scares in his dreams. It will take time to be back to himself, but we are moving in the right direction.
Yay for no hospital tonight, no vitals, no pokes.

10 comments:
I am so happy to see Owen, looking amazing. What a miracle he is. God bless the donor family. This is all so fantastic! No oxygen! Best wishes to you all.
this is so bloomin FANTASTIC!!! so very happy for Owen the Super!
What a precious site to see! I have been following Owen since is surgery and it is amazing what a change has already occurred! I will continue to pray for all of you, for Owen, and for the donor family, who made this miracle possible. I pray that you all have strength and faith and no more hospitals!
I am so unbelievably thrilled for you all. I seriously can't believe he looks SO good and is already discharged! Cannot get over how PINK he is! What an incredible answer to prayer!!!
Much love from the Bennetts!
Feeling so emotional for you Andrea - one step nearer to home! It must have been so amazing to wave goodbye to his O2 - once Owen's up and about more, he'll feel so free without his tubing! Really hope you can all relax and chill out together as a family now - you deserve it! Also - is the address you gave for Owen at the RMH still the same now you've moved rooms? x
Woohoo!!! No more oxygen for Owen! He looks great!
Simply Awesome! Owen looks great, no more oxygen! God is Good.
Praise God!
What wonderful news.He is looking so good.
Watch for a little package this week! So thrilled for God's grace and provision. Praying for the donor's family to hear this bit of wonderful news in their sadness! Patricia and David in CO
Post a Comment