Tuesday, June 11, 2013

On Our Way to Stanford!!

We have been packing our bags for our next adventure.  This morning we are on our way to LPCH at Stanford.  I am not ready for this, but it's time.  Owen and I will spend the week at the hospital starting getting lines placed, starting Milrinone therapy and also getting his monthly IVIG out of the way.  We will be counting down the days to freedom outside the hospital again.  I'll be sure to post daily, most likely several times a day to keep family/friends updated. 

Our last week at home was fantastic!!  Kam had dance workshops and auditions for next years company.  Owen loves watching Sis dance and had the best time watching her and Gigi practice in the family room leading up to audition day. 
I was trying to take pics of the girls dancing, but action shots are just too complex for this amateur.  Kam kept coming out of her leap when I'd finally get the photo to snap.. but it's close here.
On our way home from auditions we stopped at Sonic for a little Happy hour.  They had Superhero tater tots in the window and they wouldn't let me just buy them, I had to purchase a kids meal.  One that was sure to go to waste since my kids least favorite thing is fast food.  Owen humored me by taking a bite out of his chicken and drinking his ice water with lemon... and he LOVED his Green Lantern tater tot. 

Kam did fantastic at auditions and ended up making it into the company she wanted!!  Gigi also made the team she was "DYING to make".  They both are so happy and we couldn't be more proud of how hard they worked to get here.  There will be another week long intensive and audition coming up in July.  Kam is going to be dancing in Cali while we're there so she'll be ready!
On Wednesday, Liv had her 4th Birthday party with a giant blowup slide and a billion friends.  I think there were at least 30 kids there.  Owen had fun in the little pools with all the boys and a bunch of water guns.  We were exhausted from the heat... the triple digits drain us all.
Tonight we had a goodbye party with my family.  Everyone was so sad to say their goodbyes.  Nana teared up and said she was going to come visit us.  I told her she has been to San Fran many times when she was younger... she didn't like that. :)  She's still 30 and young. 
There were tears shed and we will miss family more than anything.  We are grateful for modern technology to keep us all connected for the next months, years.  It's going to be so hard to be away from our fam.  Geez, I'm going to miss Kam and C like crazy and we'll see them in four days.  I don't know how we will do this, but we will do it.  Everything is going to work out.  Continue to keep Owen in your prayers.  So many things can go wrong moving forward and we are just holding on to faith that all will be well.

3 comments:

Kathy K said...

Praying for strength to get through this <3

Ronna said...

Andrea, I've been following your blog for a few years. Been ramping up my prayers for your family as you prepared for this move. Then last week I caught the Dateline show about the Bingham family and realized it was the same hospital/Ronald McDonald House you were headed to. Looks like places of great support. I look forward to your continuing updates. Know Owen is being prayed for each time I read one.

Ronna in Indiana

Mari said...

I just want to jump through the screen and hug you!!
Congrats to Kam and Gigi on their dancing auditions--fun times ahead!
Prayers for you all every step of this journey.