Monday, June 24, 2013

Arts and Crafts

Can you believe we have been in Cali for 2 weeks already? Today we did a little swapping out of rental cars. Then it was time for me to switch out Owen's IV bag of Milrinone.  I had to remember what to connect/disconnect and where to use the alcohol.  There was one mishap where two pieces didn't fit, turns out they didn't go together (sigh), but I figured it out.  Lots of masks, gloves, alcohol and I did it!!

The major perk of the RMH is all the volunteers that provide dinner each night.  Tonight we had a fabulous homemade Chinese dinner... so good.  No cooking.  No cleaning up.  No dishes.  I could get used to this! 

After dinner another company came in with arts and crafts.  Owen made a puppet and called him Zoomi.  It took the volunteer and myself a good fifteen minutes to figure out how to turn a sock into a puppet, but we made it happen.
Owen also made some little stick puppets.  He was entertaining the volunteers with his silliness.
Just as we were getting ready to leave, he decided he wanted to try the turtle out.  These are really cool and I'm going to have to find them somewhere.  You peel the backs off of these little foam cubes and just stick them on.  So easy!  I didn't have to clean up the million little white paper backs though either.  It was fun.
We are making the most of our wait here.  Tomorrow is a day full of doctor appointments and we may catch the end of Camp Ronald McDonald.  Wednesday is a field trip day.. no idea where yet.. but it will be an adventure!

3 comments:

g-ma-vicki said...

I cannotwait to meet Zoom! looks like the shark on Owies shirt is gonna eat it! So grateful for the volunteers that make your wait more comfy and keep Mr O making toys and having field trips, Those people are an answer to prayers. Bless them for what they do, Love you and tackle Mr. o and smother him with grammas icky kisses! ha!

Stefenie said...

Awwww! What fun! I love all of the little arts and crafts that Owen did. How nice for your second week there that you are getting a free cooked meal each night thanks to some super awesome volunteers. That should help to take the stress out of your week with one less thing to take care of each day. Keeping you all close in my prayers!

Sarah said...

Andrea,

I have been following your blog for a few years now! I am glad you and Owen are slowly starting to get settled in.

I will continue to pray for both of you. I love seeing Owen's precious smile.

Happy Belated Birthday to you too!

http://sweethappening.blogspot.ca/