Friday, August 23, 2013

The Family Album Project.. Owen Pics




Last night The Family Album Project was back at the RMH for more picture fun!  Look at these adorable cheeks... I am pretty sure the steroid cheeks are at full capacity at this point.  We are weaning down off prednisone, so it won't be long before his cheeks start to deflate.  So adorable though.
Here Owen is keeping it real.  As you can see the steroids only have an impact on his cheeks and double chin.. the rest of him is long and bony as always.  We are still working on getting some muscles in those legs and arms.
Here is the ninja warrior in action.  He was so excited to see this Ninja shirt in Gymboree yesterday as we passed by.  He is having a minor ninja obsession lately and is certain that he is going to be a black belt in karate someday!  He very may will be, but he can't do any impact sports.. so we'll see. :)
This is just a fun little comparison of his past photoshoots at the RMH.  The first one was just over a month ago.. crazy!!  Also.. I just realized it is August 23rd!!  Owen was listed for transplant ONE YEAR AGO today!!  Wow. 

The next photoshoot will be in two weeks.. but it will be a FAMILY photo!! So happy that we will have Kam and Carson here with us!! Thanks for all the love and support.. have a great weekend!

5 comments:

April Greener said...

Hi Andrea,

Long time reader, first time commenting. I need your first hand advice :)

I've signed up to bring a sac lunch to our local RMH next week. I want to bring something that everyone will enjoy and that they haven't already eaten 5 times that week.

Do you have any suggestions? What sac lunches have been your favorite? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

So happy for you and Owen. Can't wait for your family to be reunited.

Thanks,

April

Suz said...

Wow!!! Mr. Owen looks great!!!!!!!!! I cant believe how happy he looks!
Love you all tons!!!

Unknown said...

Those are great pictures.

The Simmons Family said...

April.. I can't find an email for you to respond. We don't have sac lunches at our RMH.. mostly just dinners provided in the kitchen.. but that is a fabulous idea!! We have never had the same thing twice.. seriously! I think anything is wonderful! I know we all get excited when there are veges and fruit.. so maybe some carrot/celery sticks or fruit cut up? Even a whole apple! Chips are always a hit and any kind of sandwich. We get a TON of sugar, but we are in Palo Alto so every bakery in town is donating cupcakes, cookies, cake, ect. So there is an abundance of sugar around here. :)

Grandma~rella said...

Oooh my GOSH!! Have not had computer access for several months....so I sign on this evening to chesk on my most favorite GUY!! LOOK AT YOU OWEN!!!! G'Ma Cindy is in the happiest ever tears right now!! Happy dancing in my chair, as I type!! :'')
Ooooh WOW!!! No. More. words. For now... (((((HUGS)))))