STRONG AND BRAVE
TOUGH AND SMART
A REGULAR BOY
BUT WITH A HERO'S HEART!
My uncle gave Owen a birthday card this weekend and these were the words and I felt they couldn't describe O Man more perfectly!! This has been an emotional day for me.. more than a few tears shed. One of Owen's heart friends, Kylie, a little 4 1/2 year old sweetheart passed away. She waited for almost a year to get her new "Lub-A-Dub" and 7 of those months were spent in the ICU. Her mom, Chrissie, is one of the strongest moms I know and she slept in a pop up camper in the freezing snow outside the hospital to be near her baby girl. Bringing in snow to her ICU room so she could play. My heart broke when I read her Facebook update today.. her body was just too sick. Then I just checked facebook to read that another heart friend, Katy (just turned 5), is getting her heart after waiting over TWO years! So many prayers are being sent to both families!!
Please become an organ donor, have an open conversation with your families about organ donation. No one wants to imagine losing their child, baby, loved ones... but have the talk about what you would do if tragedy happens. Thank you for all your prayers for Owen and his buddies.
Owen is doing so much better. We still have him on inactive status, so he cannot get any heart offers yet. On Friday, the transplant team at Stanford will re evaluate. Owen has IVIG this week. He sure showed RSV who was boss this week!!




3 comments:
No words can describe what you are feeling right now. I wish I could hug you.
aw...more prayers for you all!
Love those pictures!!!! And love this post. As we are all saddened this week thanks for sharing some happy news too! You always have a beautiful way with words! Love and Hugs!!
Post a Comment