




Owen finally got a new GI doctor!! We have been less than thrilled with Dr S. and Owen hated going to his appointments. Owen loves going to the doctor so it was unusual. After surgery in February.. Owen was puking mulitple times daily. I was told he couldn't get into GI until JULY!! Totally unacceptable in my opinion.
I got the puking under control with Prevacid and Prilosec in the interm. Just last week, I called and was very assertive in asking for a new GI doc and I knew I wanted Dr M. He happens to live in our neighborhood and I have heard great things about him.
He did not disappoint! Not only did we get in one week later (today!), but he was fantastic! We got Owen's barium swallow ordered with his feeding therapist from PCH, so he'll be comfortable during the test. We got him on a correct dose of Prilosec. He was totally cool with Owen's blended diet. Owen LOVED him because he played with him and gave him the attention he needed.
Owen has grown so much since our last appointment in September. He weighed in at just under 33lbs and 38.5". Dr M. said he's in the 25-50% range on the growth chart. He's doing so great! We addressed his feeding issues, but we are doing all we can for now.
I'm so happy with the change!
I have a totally awesome video to post of Owen tomorrow. He is finally WALKING again!!! I cried when he took his first steps (post op) the other day and he is so proud that it finally clicked.
3 comments:
We see the other Dr. S but we've seen Dr. M in the hospital before (had your Dr. S for a week & was SO glad when Dr. M came on shift for the next week!). We LOVE Dr. M!
Those pics of Owen are SO cute!!
Love the cute pictures! There's nothing like a good doctor!! Yay for walking!!!
He's growth is AWESOME! Callie will be 4 in September and she weighs 23lbs and 36in. A small fry:) Dont be surprised if that barium swallow doesnt show anything. Callie had had multiple done here and at LPCH because her puking used to be HORRIBLE! But, none of the test every showed anything. I know how aggravating the puking is, I feel for ya. Glad to hear you have it under control for the moment. I contributed Callie's to low oxygen to her stomach because every since her surgery last April her puking has been very little. Good luck though, hope their able to find a cause.
Post a Comment